Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Monday, February 23, 2009

Add oil.

Check this link out.  Scroll down and you'll see that my paper on Hurricane Katrina landscapes was accepted by the Association of Social Anthropologist Conference to be held at the University of Bristol in April.  Be excited.  I am and to be honest a little freaked out.  I've presented papers before, but never at a professional conference with international participants.  But I'll leave freaking out for a little later and just be all smiles today.  


On that note: I want to express a quick thank you to my friends in Louisiana.  You were totally my inspiration... you a people of vibrant resilience and life.  I just hope that this paper can help continue to bring awareness of the devastation that still exists in some regions of Louisiana and Mississippi now almost 4 years later.  Thank you and Happy Mardi Gras!

Just, Margaret

*By the way the title of this post may seem a little strange, but "add oil" is a phrase used in Hong Kong to say "keep up the good work" and my friend Josephine has gotten into the habit of reminding me to keep going when the pressure of our studies gets to be a bit overwhelming.  Don't worry I make sure to say it back to her too.  [smile] 

0 comments: