Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras!!!


After four hours of watching yeast rise, shaping it, then watching it rise again, I finished making a king cake from scratch.  Although the whole process may sound a little daunting, it was actually a lot of fun and easier than it appears.  I think I might make it a Mardi Gras tradition.  It would be a fine tribute to my love of Louisiana.  I couldn't have managed it without the help of Josephine who helped me with the first phase of making the dough.  Now I'm so ready to eat it not all by myself of course.  [smile]


Just, Margaret 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious.