Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

As promised on Valentine's Day an excerpt from a love letter written by my great-grandfather to my great-grandmother while he was serving in the US Army during the First World War.


I am crazy to see you. You dont know how often I think about you. I love you with all my heart and hope I can soon be with you again. Well I better ring off[,] be good now and Please dont worry I am always yours[.]
                                             Morris
                                             love & kisses
                                             5 oclock


And now for a little fun, check out this silly love song from the Barenaked Ladies and one of my new favorites by The Weepies.  





Just, Margaret

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That letter is so cool! I used to love going through my grandfather's letters to my grandmother from WWII.

Also, I LOVE the Weepies - they are one of my favorites! :)