Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, February 6, 2009

Snowed in

I'm sure you're getting tired of this, but once again I'm going to post a snow-related blog.  I do promise that this one will be short and as of yet I don't have any new photos to share... because lets face it how many photos of snow can I take and how many can you look at.*  [smile]  But since this is the major news story around here these days I felt I should keep you all well-informed of the my reality.  Let me preface this next statement by reminding you that it snows in Bristol just about as often as it snows in Georgia:  Today I woke up to BBC Radio 4 spouting that in Bristol and in particular the community of Clifton had experienced "blizzard-like" conditions last night and that our world was again frosted with a lot of the white stuff.  Then the radio cautioned that anyone who didn't have to get out during the day should not do so.  So of course I moved to the window to see the damage and what I saw was definitely more snow than we've had all week, but also definitely the results of a blizzard.  Still the advice to stay off the roads if possible is a pretty good one to follow as the rumors are partly true and fewer streets and roads today are being scattered with grit (salt and sand).  So effectively I'm snowed in and won't be traveling to the Rotary weekend event I was scheduled to attend this evening.  (We might still be able to go tomorrow.)  I do have to say that I'm welcoming this extra free time to prepare for next weeks courses and get a head start on some research.  I have seen a little snow falling already today and I think they expect some more.  I'll keep you up to date.  For now I'm going to keep warm while watching my African housemates have a snowball fight.  


Just snowed in, Margaret

*So just kidding I did remember that I had wanted to share the photo above on the last post, but it wouldn't load.  Helps you really connect with the rest of my post right... a picture is worth a 1000 words right. [smile]

1 comments:

Dori said...

We're snowed in here too :) Have a great weekend!