Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, May 15, 2009

3rd Anniversary

Some of you know what tomorrow is because you share this anniversary with me, others are celebrating the event for the first time, and still others are celebrating with many more years attached.  Tomorrow is LaGrange College graduation day.  I remember that day really well... lots of excitement, lots of tears, lots of hugs, lots of goodbyes, then lots of packing, and more tears driving away.  It was a good day.  You know, though I think I almost enjoyed the day before better, well, specifically the night before, the last night in my college dorm with my best friends.  Amidst all the boxes we all felt so excited.  It was electric.  The idea that our lives would change completely the next day I guess was in the back of our minds, but I just remember the feeling of enjoying to the fullest that last night of college.  It was a special time.  Congratulations on those of you joining the ranks of LC alumni tomorrow!  Enjoy your last night to the fullest.  


Just, Margaret

P.S. Maybe you've already read this, maybe not, but a recent post by a best friend reminded me this day needed to be celebrated.  That second picture is of that special last night.  

0 comments: