Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Friday, May 8, 2009

Crying

This is the week of short posts... maybe I'll get a little existential next week.  Anyway the silly paragraph below will explain the title.  


I just finished watching the 100th episode of Grey's Anatomy.  Yes I hate to admit it but I am one of those people, a diehard Grey's fan.  I can't think of an episode I've missed.  I like the characters, but will admit that the last season and a half have been not so great.  I think the reason I've stuck with the show is because it reminds me of my college years.  Sitting around on Sunday nights, then Thursdays (though I never liked that it changed nights) in the common room with the rest of the girls were some of the most fun times.  Really.  When it aired on Sundays it would sometimes be the first time we'd see each other after weekends away.  So that's why I like the show, back to last week's episode.  I can't say that I didn't see it (the twist) coming, but that doesn't mean I could cut off the waterworks.  You'd think that I had attended a real wedding.  And the whole the best days of your life business, well, I'm beginning to cry again.  Though my friends will attest that this is "just Margaret, being Margaret."  I cry at sappy movies, Hallmark commercials, weddings, and often at the end of a good book.  Happy tears and sad, they're all good.  The only thing that could make the episode better would be sitting in the common room of our apartment in Candler (LCers-No way that I can ever call it Hawkins.  [smile]) with my friends watching it of course.  

Just, Margaret 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sobbed like a small child. It was beautiful.

Sara Beth Stout said...

I too, as you and Amber, had a crying fest! It was such a beautiful episode. And I can't believe I cried like I did...it is TV after all. However, Margaret I also cry at lots of stuff, even some Publix commercials!

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, I love the show mostly because of how I used to love the show. It used to be date night for Kris and I back when it was showing on Sundays. This week's episode was one of the best they've had in a couple of seasons!!