Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New music and teary eyed


Another morning at the Bristol Record Office, searching the Lord Mayor's archive from the War Years.  Anyway, I keep having the problem of getting teary over all the letters and accounts I’m reading.   I’m writing this with the knowledge that it may make me sound very crazy. (Though I think knowing I might sound crazy probably denotes that I am not in fact insane.)  The outpouring of goodwill, support (financial and otherwise) for the people of Bristol who were blitzed overwhelms my heart.  Little kids in Britain and in the States were collecting shillings or pence for the people who needed help with bake sales, music performances, homemade crafts.  I can’t imagine what community support like that is like.  Maybe if I'm lucky someday I too will witness something like this.  Amazing.  So yeah, I'm teary-eyed, but with good reason don't you think?

Oh and the song above is a new favorite.  Band is Dayplayer, song: "Neverending Summer." As seen on Bones season finale.  I've realized lately that I really love pop music.  Spoon, Tinted Windows, and now Dayplayer are my summer soundtrack.  Okay, just for fun... another song by Dayplayer, completely different from the other, called "Peak."  

Just, Margaret

0 comments: