Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday night serenades



At least once a week (usually on Saturday) I’m treated to the musical stylings of one or more Bristol “boy bands.” These accapello groups seem to gravitate toward my street in hopes, I presume, to win my affection with their vocal prowess, aka the MY FAIR LADY clip above. [smile] Okay so maybe that’s not entirely true. In fact I’m fairly sure serenading me isn’t top on their Saturday night agenda. Really its just a consequence of their primary goal- getting drunk. Nonetheless I hear them and though some may consider their loud ramblings obnoxious, I choose to consider it a reason to smile. It really is quite funny... I’ve yet to hear any group that might turn the ear of the Britain’s Got Talent judges. Some of the time I can’t even understand what they are singing. Lets just say annunciation isn’t key. I guess this is just a consequence of living in a city with an active nightlife.

Just, Margaret

0 comments: