Our deepest calling is to grow into our own authentic selfhood, whether or not it conforms to some image of who we ought to be.  
Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mama!!


Not sure what to write today, not because I don't have a lot to say, more like I have so much I could say.  My mother is an amazing woman with a caring spirit.  She lives fully into her roles of wife and mother.  She is also a nurse.  She's been a RN forever (at least forever in my world). She's worked in hospitals, nursing homes, teaching other nurses, an OB-GYN, and now she's working for our local hospice.  And I have to say her commitment to care for others is one of the things I most admire about her.  Its an outward manifestation of her beautiful spirit and faith and needless to say an inspiration for myself and my sisters.  Anyway... I could go on listing more things I admire about her or reflecting upon our friendship and how blessed I feel to have a mother who chooses to be so much a part of my life... listening, talking, laughing.  I think I'll stop here though, except to say:  I love you, Mama, and it is a blessing to celebrate your life with you today.  

Just, Margaret

0 comments: